If you haven’t watched the pilot, there are SPOILERS below!
With all of the strange commercials playing all over the place, THE FOLLOWING certainly was playing the intrigue card. So of course, I had to watch. And while I actually really enjoyed the Pilot, here are a few things I noticed about the show.
- Kevin Bacon has pretty eyes. But I’m not that shallow and there have to be other things I really liked.
- This show is legitimately creepy. Lots of people jumping out of nowhere, dark corners, police using flashlights to illuminate the dark corners. Creates a really freaky atmosphere. Glad I watched this one in the morning and not right before bed!
- It’s mysterious. WTF, that letter that Joe sent to his wife? What did it say? Kevin Bacon, don’t you know that if you don’t read it out loud we won’t know what it says?!?
- The love connection between Ryan and Claire is there but totally not a focal point, which I really enjoy. I actually agreed with Joe (strangely) when he said that there needs to be some love interest for the hero and protagonist. So although I hope it remains to be a sub-plot, I appreciate that Claire plays a role in this as more than Joe’s ex-wife. Hopefully her role expands.
- I love Shawn Ashmore as the fanboy cop. I’ve been a fan of his since he was in Animorphs and then X-Men. No judgement but I love him and him being on this show is a big plus in my book.
- I’m pissed that the gay couple turned out to be creepers. And the nanny? Never suspected this, which is now a good indicator that absolutely no one can be trusted on this show. Other than Kevin Bacon’s eyes.
I’m intrigued though, so for at least another few weeks, I’ll keep THE FOLLOWING in my rotation. THE FOLLOWING airs Mondays at 9pm on FOX.