I’m assuming by now that you’ve all seen the Castle Season 5 premiere. (If not, what are you doing here? Go watch it!) I was lucky enough to see it a few weeks ago and I’m still considering the implications of the episode. Here’s exactly what I thought about the episode.
Concerning Castle and Beckett
- The first scene was a perfect. They had sex. They are awkward. No one can know.
- Things are (pretty much) the same. They aren’t making out all over or really gooey in-love. They still work a case. They still solve a case.
- Perfect balance of humor and serious-ness.
- They’re them and the new aspect of their relationship doesn’t change that.
- The case is solved…(ish?) It was enough closure for me to be happy, but not so much that they don’t have anywhere to go
Where do we go from here?
- If every episode is like this one, it’s great. Just sprinkle in a few Castle/Beckett relationship-y scenes per episode.
- I don’t like for people to get together and have it change their whole lives. That’s why this episode succeeded and I believe that the show won’t “jump the shark” because of it
What did you think of the premiere you’ve been waiting for?